School District No. 42 and various post secondary institutions and trades training organizations have joined together to offer nine unique programs to grade 11 &12 students and adult learners. Students going into grade 12 now have the option to graduate PLUS get first year post-secondary certification in one year and with no tuition fees!
Visit the Partnership Program page on the SD42 website for details on the application process. Anyone interested in these programs please call Ron Lancaster at 463-6287, or see your counsellor, work experience coordinator or career planning assistant at your school.
A student’s application must include the following:
- Most recent school transcript of grades (in term transcript acceptable for secondary students applying)*
- Post secondary application form (if applicable)
- Cover letter indicating motivation and interest in program
- School District No. 42 application form
- Cheque payable to School District 42 in the amount of $75.00 (non-refundable)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- If you are age 19 or over (or you will be age 19 by July 1) you will require a Criminal Record Check which must be attached to your application. The cost is $20 and you get this done at the Maple Ridge Police Station. It can take a few days to have your check completed.
Students must be enrolled in a course of study that will lead to Grade 12 graduation upon completion of high school. Please ask the work experience coordinator, career planning assistant, or your school counselor for any assistance that you may need in completing your application package.
- Click on the following links for more information
REGISTRATION FORMS CAN BE FOUND ON THE DISTRICT WEBSITE Click here to view
Partnership Contact Information
District Partnership Programs Coordinator
C/O Samuel Robertson Technical Secondary School
10445 – 245 Street
Maple Ridge, BC V2W 2G4