RESCHEDULED TO WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2019
Information Session at Thomas Haney Secondary School
6:00 – 8:00 pm for further information and to register visit: apprenticeship.sd42.ca
Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District No. 42 has teamed up with several post secondary institutions and trades training organizations to offer apprenticeship training programs for Grade 10, 11 and 12 students and adult learners.
Students going into Grade 12 now have the option to graduate as well as earning first-year, post-secondary certification and apprenticeship training in one year with no tuition fees.
You can also see your counselor, work experience coordinator or career planning assistant at your school.
Visit the Trades and Partnerships Programs website.
A student’s application must include the following:
• Most recent school transcript of grades (in term transcript acceptable for secondary students applying)*
• Post secondary application form (if applicable)
• Cover letter indicating motivation and interest in program
• School District No. 42 application form
• Cheque payable to School District No. 42 in the amount of $75 (non-refundable)
• Photocopy of birth certificate if you are new to the school district
If you are age 19 or over you will require a Criminal Record Check which must be attached to your application. You get this done at the Ridge Meadows Police Station at a cost of $55. It may take more than a few days to have your check completed.